miércoles, 5 de enero de 2011

For the christians who support the work that God is doing in this world!



“In gratitude to the brothers that love God supporting the work that He is doing in this world”

I received Christ when I was 22 years old. It was on June 29, 1987. After that, I asked myself: What am I going to do now? What will I be dedicated to? It was a crucial time. While I was meditating about my future and my vocation, it came to my mind this thought: “Be dedicate to preach and teach the message that has changed your life.”

I began to preach very soon. First, I gave my testimony in front of many people; I did it in others churches and outside them. Then, I preached a message, then another, and another. I have been preaching around 23 years until now. I have seen conversions to Christ, growth in Christians and dedication to the ministry. God has blessed the work that I have done.

When I was 22 years and dedicated myself to the ministry of preaching and teaching the Word of God was not aware of what it would cost me to be. I was ready to serve. I was no scared of the difficulties of the ministry. It is very simple ... I had never experienced hard times, it was just beginning.

Now that's been so long and having seen so many things I have asked these questions: How did I get here? Why have I been able to serve God? Why am I still serving?

Without a doubt, there are several answers to my questions. One is God, God always. God is everything and in all. By him and in Him we are moving. As one Spanish song says: "Without God, we are nothing in the world; we can do nothing without God. Neither the leaves of the trees move, but by His power...".

Now, I want to focus on the children of God who “make” possible the existence of preachers and ministers of the Word. These children of God are those who appreciate, pray and make offerings to the preachers and the work that they do for God in this world.

Those who dedicate their lives to the ministry of preaching and teaching the Word of God are sensitive to the divine call, and obey God working for Him. In the same way, those who appreciate, pray and make offerings to the work of God and preachers are sensitive to the call of God, and obey Him doing with love what God calls them to do.

I have been encouraged greatly by everyone who appreciate and have high regard and love for preachers. Preachers are like any other human being. We want that our work will be valued and appreciated.

In this world that we live, people value the prestigious and well paid jobs; people honor and praise the occupation that gives success and prosperity. This world doesn’t consider or value the job of preaching the Word of God, instead of it, they despise and joke preaching.

People who look with good eyes the office of pastor, missionary and evangelist are very important in the life of a preacher. Thank God, I have always found brothers and sisters in Christ who have told me: Go ahead; I appreciate what you do for God!

These brothers have appeared, appear (and will appear) in any crucial moments in my life. Their words, glances, gestures and actions of appreciation have encouraged me and have helped me to move on. Thanks brothers, you have done and are doing much for me, my family and the work that we do for our God!

Those who pray and intercede for the preachers have supported and helped me in critical moments of my life. Prayer makes a lot of in preachers. Paul asked to Rome’s brothers that they "help" praying to God for him. Prayers "help ... and help a lot." That's why a friend of mine says about prayer: “prayer is action.”

I have been greatly helped by those who pray for me. I will not know fully how helpful your prayers are while I am on earth. What I do know is that I spent very hard days being single and being married. Those moments were so hard, that I didn’t want to get up or stay in the race.

But I'm standing here, wanting to follow. I've been lying and I gave up my determination to be faithful and serve the Lord no matter what. Where does this force come from? It comes from you, those who pray and intercede for me and my family.

I couldn’t see physically, but you are there, reminding me and praying for me and my family to God. You help me, hold me and challenge me to continue serving.

Preachers are like all human beings. We sin, get tired, discouraged, get afraid, etc. Your prayers make us repent, to be strong and encourage us.

Thank God for you, who pray and intercede for me! What I am and what I do well in the service of Christ and his kingdom is thanks to you that help me with your prayers!

Those who help with their offerings have helped me to satisfy my family needs and allow me to move on in God’s work. When I was single, I worried a little bite for food, clothing, housing, transportation, and the money that allowed me to have those things.

Why did not worry much about that? Because I was young, my parents were close and I wasn’t so responsible. When I went to prepare for the ministry, I had to work to pay my education. It was there when I began to understand that "God's work costs money.”

The first time when I went to preach away from my hometown and I thought: "to serve the devil I have been up walking to distant places, how much better now to serve God." I was not afraid and I was ready to get on a truck and travel to go where I had to preach. I remember I didn’t have money to start the trip until the day that I had to leave. The pastor announced that I was going to preach and collected an offering for my travel expenses.

I was ready to go. My determination to go did not depend on the offerings, I would go up without it, but ... what well and what a blessing was that they collected that offering. That offering helped me to go quickly to the place where I was going to preach!

During my 23 years of ministry I have learned to do God's work costs money. That learning has been more and more conscious now that I’m married. Especially on the last five years, I’m learning about the importance and value of those who give money to satisfy the needs of preachers and their families; and needs of the ministry.

Life has become dependent on money. Now a person "cannot" drink water without paying money or without another who pay for it. Of course, there are still places where someone can drink water for free, but in my city, the city that I live, drinking water costs money.

Just yesterday, I was in a taxicab and the taxi driver began to criticize a preacher. He said: “that preacher is becoming rich with offerings. I listened for a while and then I started to explain how the offerings allow God's work be done. I didn’t excuse that preacher who "can" be doing a bad use of the offerings of God's people, but I explained that offerings help to preachers and the work they do.

When I arrived at my destination, I said, "I assure you that you would not be very happy if I tell you: Look, I'm a preacher, I do God's work, I do not have to pay you anything.” The driver smiled; he looks into my eyes, and he received the payment. My conversation with him was very good and he understood that a preacher is a worker "like" any other, and offerings are "like" his salary.

Being married and with three sons (and a daughter for familiar adoption), I have learned how helpful those who give offerings for preachers are. The preacher and his family need housing, food, clothing, transportation, etc.

Life in the modern world requires many more things to work efficiently. How do get the preachers? How is it that their families are provided? How is it that can move and have the logistics necessary to work?

Preachers, their ministry and their families are made possible by you. Thank you, dear friends. You support us, our families, and the work we do for Him. You are very important in the life of every preacher, his family and his ministry. What has been done, what is being done, and what will be done for God in this world is thank to you, who give money to God's work.

Thanks God for you who give and supplement my necessities, my family and ministry that I do! What I do for God and His kingdom wherever I go is because of you! Thank you, brothers!

As a conclusion:

When I started preaching I had no idea on what I was going to live doing this work. It wasn’t like choosing a career or any other office. I didn’t think about making money to support me at that time, or support my family in the future. I just wanted to serve God, His church and people preaching the gospel of Jesus.

In all these years, God has supported me. He has not failed me, as I did and many times. What He has done for me and my family until now, it makes me see my future with hope. If he does not take me home yet, and if He wants me to continue serving as a preacher, He will still support me, I am sure! As my wife says, "God will take care and provide everything.”

I finished another year serving to God and his kingdom. I wrote these words to Praise the Lord, and thank my brothers and churches through whom God has supported me. During this time I have seen God's hand upon me, my family and ministry.

Thank you, brothers! You are very important for me, my family and my ministry! You are vital in the advancement of the kingdom of God around the world! Only eternity will reveal all the goodness that you have done, appreciating, praying and offering to preachers, their families and their ministries!

The God’s kingdom requires more and more people like you. Many people will be saved by believing in Jesus because there are people like you. The world has hope and many opportunities as there are children of God like you.

God bless you and prosper your life.
With love and gratitude

Segundo Rodriguez

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario