sábado, 31 de diciembre de 2011

Newsletters - Dic 2011

Pastors and Leaders Conference in the city of Paita
From 14th to November 18, 2011, my colleagues from  CEPABIP  and I conducted a conference for pastors, missionaries and leaders. The conference was at Bethel Baptist Church of Paita. Pastor Elfer  Ato, who is a good friend and partner, He is the Pastor this church.
A speaker was Pastor Hermes Irizarry, from Patterson, New Jersey. Another was the pastor Jorge Espinoza (Las Flores Baptist Church). There were others. The focus of the conference was on national and global missions.
The last night of the conference was very emotional for two reasons: 1) we chated via Skype with missionary Herbert Handal, who ministers in Macedonia and 2) we collected an offering for this missionary. For many of us was the first time we met directly the testimony of how God does the work out of our country and was also the first time we gave a gift to a missionary outside from our country.
Glory to God for giving us this privilege! Now there are several Peruvian pastors and churches have begun to pray and give for overseas missions! May God help us to grow in this area of His work!  This year, the pastors and leaders in Paita, elected Pastor Elfer Ato and Pastor Andres Estrada to be part tof he ministry of CEPABIP team. These servants of God were added to the team: Elijah Huaman, Benjamin Salinas, Amaro Zapata and Segundo Rodriguez. CEPABIP prepares its conferences to strengthen the personal spiritual life, family and ministry of the servants of God. Praise the Lord, so far, our conferences have faithfully fulfilled this objective and this conference has been not an exception, we all were encouraged, empowered and challenged to continue growing and fulfilling the great commission.
Baptisms at Hope Baptist Church
On Sunday November 20, 2011. We witnessed the baptism of three of our brothers in Christ. An lady adult was baptized, Ofelia; a young woman, Ledy; and an adult man, Julio. I had the privilege of baptizing them.
It was a wonderful experience to baptized again. My work over the past seven years has been focused on pastors, missionaries and leaders. I have been not leading a local church and therefore have not had the experience to baptize people. Doing it again it has been very rewarding.
After the baptism, the church's brothers came to give hugs and congratulate the new disciples who are now integrated into our local congregation. All three were already believers since some time ago, but their baptism was delayed by different circumstances. Now they are baptized and we have to continue teaching them to obey the word of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Leadership training and conference of Christian life in Requena
From 21 to November 29, I traveled with Pastor Evelio Villalobos to minister in the town of Requena. This time we were able to teach basic doctrines of Christianity and rules of interpretation of the Bible. I taught the first course and second course taught Evelio Villalobos. This time, Bible conferences was during night for the brethren of the church. We teach for two hours every night starting from Wednesday 23 to Monday 28. Evelio taught how to study the Bible, money management and other topics. I taught three basic themes of Christian faith: Salvation in Christ, Assurance of Salvation and victory in Christ. Thank God, there was an average of 50 brothers every night. We enjoy teaching these truths to our brothers in Christ. It was beautiful to see adults, adolescents and youth Bible study. We deliver printed materials and they were very attentive learning what God says. Every night we deliver a total of 18 gift Bibles. We gave 3 Bibles per night. Bibles were purchased and given away by a lady named Elisabeth from the states. The brothers who received the Bibles were happy. I pray to God that our Bibles help to our brothers and sisters in their spiritual growth.
Leadership training and conference of Christian life in Palma Real, Quillabamba
From 5th to December 9th, God led me train leaders who manage Baptist churches from Valle de la Convencion. I taught Church History. I had 22 students. They were happy to learn the history of the Church of Christ. At night I preached the gospel and two people have professed to follow Jesus Christ. All this happened in the town of Palma Real, which is about 3 hours away from Quillabamba. In Quillabamba also preached the word of God. It is a great joy to serve God!

Prayer request:
1. Preaching trip to Uruguay and Argentina (from 9 to January 31, 2012). I will preach and teach in two camps. One is to Teen and other young people. Also I will preach for camp counselors in training. I will visit some cities and churches of Uruguay and Argentina. That God be a bless and edification to my brothers in Christ in those two countries.
2. For Family Huaman and my children. During my trip, my partner Elias Huaman will take care of my children. My children also will go to children's camp. I trust that God will keep my children. Pray for them, please. To grow spiritually through the camp and thanks to the Huaman family.
3. Hope Baptist Church. This year was a difficult year for the church. God helped us and we ended the year with a small growth. Pray for us that next year we can grow in our love and service to God.
4. My life my family and ministry for the next year. I want to continue growing as a child of God to be a blessing as a father and a servant of God. Pray for me to grow and serve more and more to God and its church.

Thank God for the privilege of being his son and his instrument in the salvation of lost and the edification of their children. Thank you for being my friends and colleagues in ministry. Thanks to the pastors and churches who trust me and give me the privilege to serve to God be the glory through Jesus Christ for all eternity!

Sincerely,

Segundo Rodríguez

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario