viernes, 28 de febrero de 2014

Summary of my early days in Uruguay

We have been in Uruguay for 20 days. My family and I are enjoying the companionship, the hospitality, and the work of God in this part of the world. Let me share with you what we have done so far.
These last three days we have taught the Book of Acts to the men and women of the Evangelical Mission Uruguay (MEU). I taught the book based on its content and missionary challenge. The theme I shared was: The Book of Acts as an inspired manual for Christians to fulfill the Great Commission locally, nationally, and globally. I enjoyed teaching my brothers and sisters in this country. The workers of this mission are doing a good job and I'm sure they will do much better over time. It has been a privilege to know and to grow with them these days. God bless and keep using them greatly!
I have preached in children’s camp. It was a big challenge and I turned to God for help. The counselors told me that several children made ​​decisions for Christ. Glory to God for children!
I have preached in 7 different churches since arriving. I encouraged the people to fulfill the Great Commission and pray for God to raise up more workers. Was there fruit? Yes, I know of three people who accepted Jesus. Also, a young man named Maykol will go to Peru this March 13, to study at the Baptist Seminary of Peru. Also, there is another young man who will keep in contact with me and we will pray for each other throughout this year. If God leads and calls him, he will also come to Peru to study at the seminary. Glory to God!
I have met several good servants and handmaidens of God. I am happy that God has workers here. There is hope for Uruguay to be reached with the gospel of Christ because of these servants of God. We must pray for more workers and for churches here to continue to grow, so that the church here will have more workers, more resources, and more prayers and be able to fulfill the Great Commission by reaching Uruguay and the world.
I also rested and ​​toured in this beautiful country.
You, who have contributed to this trip by words of encouragement, or with offerings or prayers, share in both the work and the result that is being achieved here during my visit.
I will preach in several more churches, teach at the family camp, and teach in the new Bible College in the 12 days I have remaining in this country. Please keep us in your prayers.
Thank you and God bless you abundantly, my brothers in Christ!

With love,
Segundo Rodriguez


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario