viernes, 21 de marzo de 2014

My last days in Uruguay

Overall, my family and I stayed 32 days in Uruguay. A summary of my first 20 days can be read by clicking this link:
http://www.mahabacuc.blogspot.com/2014/02/summary-of-my-early-days-in-uruguay.html

In my last days in Uruguay, I preached at camp families, at Montevideo fair, at Siloam Church, and Gethsemane Church. Also, they took me to visit the city of Punta del Este. Finally, I preached at the opening of the Uruguay School of Biblical Studies.
In camp families, I taught under this question: How do I build a strong and joyful family before God and men? Basically, enlist the biblical keys and principles essential to achieving this home: The need to fear God and be totally dependent on Him, obedience to the Bible, the determination to build that kind of home, how essential is that each member of the family fulfill its biblical role, and forgiveness as essential to build a good family. I learned and was challenged with these messages. Thank to the Lord, there were several participants who approached me to manifest how those lessons helped them. Praise God for that!
At the fair in Montevideo, I preached on why Christians speak of Christ wherever we are. I presented Jesus as the only mediator and savior of men. In this fair, missionaries and workers founders of the Evangelical Mission of Uruguay began to evangelize and disciple in this country many years ago. They have a place there that put brochures, Christian books, addresses of congregations; they spread tracts and preach the gospel of Jesus. It was a blessing to preach there. Some passersby stopped to listen, others only came at us with curiosity and a few, stopped their ears from hearing. The Evangelical Mission of Uruguay always has people preaching there. Pray for them, that God will continue helping them to share Jesus with others.

I exposed John 12:26 at Siloam church. I talked about serving God. Christians in general must serve God in every area of our life. Also, I encouraged some to pursue God to be pastors, missionaries and evangelists. I saw a good reception to this message. May God make his people look like his servant and to have men and women who engage in ministry!
In Gethsemane church I preached on the need to participate in fulfilling the Great Commission 1) testifying with voice and life wherever one is, 2) praying for laborers for the harvest, for the workers who are already in the work and for the salvation of people everywhere, and 3) giving for missionary and evangelistic and discipling work they perform. It was a blessing to motivate my brothers with this topic!

We had a time for sightseeing; we saw the wonderful coastline that has Uruguay thanks to Rio de la Plata and the Atlantic Ocean. My family enjoyed this beautiful time with two families: Carlos and Beatriz, from Pando, and Peter, Patricia and Maxi, their son. We took many pictures and ate well. Thank God for refreshment time with these good brothers and friends!
On Monday afternoon and evening, I participated in a momentous historical event: the opening of the School of Biblical Studies of Uruguay (Febu). It was a historical event according to the testimony of pastors and missionaries involved in this emerging School. For them, this training center is a dream whose realization has been dormant for many years ago. I felt very honored to participate in this event. I had the privilege to preach the word of God to the founders and teachers. Basically, I encouraged them to imitate Ezra by studying, teaching and obeying the word of God. After my time with the professors, I preached at the opening service. Sadly, I did not take pictures, but you can visit the website of Febu to see some pictures and learn a little more.

I began my return to Peru in the early hours of Tuesday March 11. My heart has been strengthened in the faith because of what God is doing in Uruguay through His children. I pray to God the Father of Jesus Christ to continue to work in that beautiful little country.

Finally, I request prayers for Maykol Techera, who is Uruguayan and is already studying at the Baptist Seminary of Peru. Ask God formed him as a servant and his Peruvian Christians we be a blessing for him.

Thank you very much for working with me and my family in Uruguay you’re your prayers and offerings.

With love of Jesus,
Segundo Rodríguez
evangelistasegundo@ministeriocombi.com
http://www.mahabacuc.blogspot.com/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario