miércoles, 5 de febrero de 2014

January News and Prayer for preaching trip to Uruguay


This year 2014 I have as goals: 1) promote among churches intense pray that God will send more laborers into his harvest (Matthew 9:37-38) 2) preach and teach the call to ministry (Isaiah 6:8) and 3) call on men and women from the churches to engage in the ministry of preaching and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ and the word of God (1 Corinthians 9:13, 16).
On last month God has given me the opportunity to start meeting the three goals in 12 churches and a youth camp. I preached and taught in two churches in Trujillo (Bethel and La Esperanza), a church in Piura (Adonai), four churches in Paita (Maranatha, Bethel, Eternal Life and “Jesus my Savior”) and four churches in Lima (Canta, Retablo, Musa and Gethsemane).
Thank God, I have seen good reception among the churches. Several pastors who recognize that the topics I'm sharing have been "forgotten" and "delayed". Also, I have seen the brethren of the churches take the challenge to pray for laborers for the harvest in their personal time. I have also had discussions with young men who have asked me questions about being a pastor or missionary.

I'm happy to have added these goals to the total ministry of evangelist to which God has called me. I pray God to move the hearts of those who hear me to devote themselves to the ministry and thus supply what pastors and missionaries in Peru and other countries.
On the other hand, in my work for the Baptist Seminary of Peru, I have the goal that more pastors and churches appreciate, trust, pray, make offerings, send students, and see us as co-workers in their ministries. Our Seminary has 42 years of ministry and has been a great instrument to train pastors and missionaries. We want to be useful to God, the churches and the world. Help us praying. We need double what God has given us here so that we can more effectively fulfill our ministry.

In my local church, which already has Pastor Juan Valderrama as pastor of the church, the transition to his ministry is going normally and with great expectation. The church has mood and there are many more people who are attending again. Pastors are very important to the vitality of a church. I am glad that our church has a pastor. Pray for Pastor Juan Valderrama and our church.  May God help us to fulfill the Great Commission together!

Finally, I request your prayers for my trip to Uruguay. I'll be in that country since February 7 to March 11. I will preach and teach in a boys camp, workers camp, families camp, a new faculty of theology and several churches. I will be very busy during the week and during the weekends... I like it a lot. Pray for me, for God's wisdom and power to preach and teach His word.

Thank to the Lord, my family will be with me. I'm sure as a family, we will enjoy a great and blessed time. It will be our first international trip as a family. Thank you for working with us by your prayers and offerings. We want to be a blessing to our brothers and friends of this small but secularized country in this part of the world.

With love,
Segundo Rodríguez

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario