lunes, 2 de junio de 2014

Segundo Rodríguez –Ministerial Update – May 2014

I always delight in sharing with you what God is doing in our lives. You are my family and my friends. Your fellowship and appreciation are very important to me.

Ministry at Baptist Seminary of Peru. I am teaching the Life of Christ to sophomores and Doctrinal Summaries to students of fourth year. Also, in my area of Public Relations, I have organized the On-the-job-training Week at churches of our fellowship. In total, we worked at 22 churches in 22 places. Mobilized 86 people: 57 students, 6 alumni, 6 brothers from churches and 17 pastors. God gave us enough to cover the expenses generated by this trip. We have also received messages of gratitude for the ministry we do during that week. There were decisions for salvation, consecration and reconciliation. God led us, kept us, used us, blessed us and we returned well to Trujillo. To God be the glory in the church and each of His children forever!
Ministry in other churches. I preached at Calvary Baptist Church of Lima, at Grace Baptist Church in Chimbote and Huaral Baptist Church in Huaral city. In the first two congregations I preached The Word and I motivated to fulfill the mission that God has entrusted to us. Also, I encouraged both congregations to participate in the Seminary with prayer and offerings. I talked to them about the need to pray to have more men and women who say to God, "Here I am, send me" (Isaiah 6:8 ). In the Church of Huaral I preached together with Seminary students who accompanied me. Our ministry was held at the College that the church has. There were more than 450 students. We all gave our testimony of salvation, we sang hymns to God before them and explain to them the gospel. At the end there were many hands rose to express they were deciding for Christ. Do not invite them to come forward because we were in the classroom. What actually decided them? I do not know, but we explained well the gospel and Jesus Christ which is essential to their lives. We trust that God did and will do His work in them.

Ministry in my local church. Now I'm preaching and helping more in my local church. Our pastor has asked me to visit missionaries and I am starting to fulfill that responsibility. I've gone to Guayaquil to visit the missionary we support. In June I will visit two missionaries. I am grateful to God that our church has a full-time pastor. I'm also happy that I can help in the area of missions. In June, our church will host the Missionary Congress MEBIP Mission. Pray for us, please, to be a blessing to the missionaries and all who come to our church during those days of conference. I am happy that my local church is growing in its missionary involvement.

My family. Thankfully, within the everyday evils that are inherent in this world, my family is well. My wife directs and cares house and she is a great help there. Her work at church is valuable too; she helps with the ladies and teens. Jesse Noah, my oldest son, plays guitar in the church and is learning piano. Andres Segundo, my second son, is learning to play the guitar. Elena Amada, my third and last child until today, has begun to practice volleyball. In their studies, the three are fine. In the church, the three participate enthusiastically. I'm happy with the family that God has given me. What I wish is that they continue to serve God.

Thank you very mucho for taking time to read and pray for my ministry, family and personal life! I want to continue serving God in the meantime I am on this earth and you are of great help to fulfill my desire. God bless you!
With love,

Segundo Rodríguez
Evangelista

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario